Reverse Therapy for CFS/ME/FM

My experiences with Mickel Reverse Therapy.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Week 13 - stuck again

With my new found knowledge of Mickel Reverse Therapy (MRT) I've been noticing the same old hindrances: That I can't find an action that will resolve the emotion, either because I draw a blank or because the 'ideal world' solution just wouldn't work because of my life situation (e.g. like getting a new job). So I'm feeling disheartened and upset. I really do believe in the theory but something seems to be amiss. I'm wondering if one possible problem is that I'm unable to dissolve my 'chemical memories'/'state dependent memories'. Perhaps they are deeper ingrained than previously thought. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place (I've got a fair amount of life 'stuff' that could be these kind of chemical memories which help trigger symptoms). In fact, I wonder whether its because I have a comprehensive list of these that I'm a 'difficult case' and MRT doesn't seem to be working for me.

I'm also wondering if the sporadic nature of my email conversation with David isn't helping the situation. I emailed him a couple of days ago with a 'hello?' email asking politely if I had been forgotten about or if he was too busy (I emailed him with queries about his comments two weeks ago). He emailed back within a day saying he was very busy at present but would get back to me at the end of the week. I just hope we can get moving somewhere.

On a slightly more positive note, a blog viewer recommended I read John Eaton's book on Reverse Therapy. I must say, John's book is very comprehensive and if you're at all confused about the theory of 'Reverse Therapy' then this is well worth a read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home